Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Lost song of the day

- Eminem -- "Murder, Murder" off Next Friday Soundtrack


Anyone who knows me, even casually, knows that for some reason, I have a weird obsession with the the Notorious BIG.   I was a relatively big hip hop fan through college, and, inexplicably, had a hip hop radio show that ran from midnight-2:00 on Thursday nights, which, in retrospect, is hilarious.  

Anyway, my devotion to BIG led me to other hip hop, particularly Tupac, Dr. Dre, and Eminem. Dre came out with Chronic 2001 just as I was really getting into hip hop, right around the same time Eminem was releasing the Slim Shady LP.  

This song is fantastic, it's slow for Eminem, but he keeps his playful lyrics and dark themes, and has a great backbeat and synthesized music.  Plus it has Tupac sampled in the chorus, and a great final line, "I surrendered my weapon to cops, it wasn't me, it was the gangsta rap and the peppermint schnapps"


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, Yo, Yo.....crack is wack...holla...

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home